To ensure the health and safety of both our Pros and customers, it’s essential that we prioritise hygiene and sanitisation. You should deliver the following mandatory Hygiene Protocols at every booking:
- On the morning of the booking, login to the Covid Symptom Tracker app to find out if you’re showing symptoms of Covid-19. If you are, or you’re feeling at all unwell, you should call customer service and not attend the booking.
- Pack your full service, hygiene and PPE kit in advance, ensuring everything is sanitised and your tools have been cleaned.
- Dress in your blow LTD t-shirt or tunic and smart, all black clothing. If your hair touches your shoulders, tie it back neatly.
- Drive, cycle or walk to your appointment if you can. If you take public transport you must wear a face mask, keep 2 metres apart from others where possible, carry a hand sanitiser and use contactless or Oyster to pay for your travel.
- Arrive 5 minutes early to your appointment. Put on your surgical mask before you arrive and if you wore gloves travelling to the booking dispose of them.
- Remove outdoor footwear upon entry & do not shake hands with the customer.
- Introduce yourself to the customer: “Good morning / afternoon, I’m [Cheryl] from blow LTD and I’ll be doing your [cutting] service(s) today. Where would you like me to set-up? The space should be well ventilated and no one else should be in the room whilst the service is taking place.”
- Only take your kit into the location, leave all other personal items in a place designated by the customer (e.g. hallway, secured porch).
- Go to the room where the service will be delivered & set your kit down.
- Ask your customer: “Could I use the bathroom to wash my hands?”
- Be sure to wash your hands and forearms thoroughly with your personal antibacterial soap.
Begin the 5 minute hygiene protocol
- Give the customer an overview of what’s going to happen:
“I’m going to spend a few minutes getting set-up before we do the consultation. I’ve already thoroughly sanitised my equipment but I’m going to give everything a quick refresh.
Before we start, would you like me to wear a disposable apron and gloves during the service?
Do you have a face mask to wear? **
Do you have any questions for me? Ok, let’s get started!”
** Note - If the customer does not have their own face mask, they will have the option to choose a “Surgical Mask” add-on when booking. In this instance, you should offer them a mask and you will be reimbursed for the cost.
- Cover work surfaces with disposable towels or couch roll.
- Sanitise your kit, tools and mobile phone with antibacterial wipes.
- Sanitise your hands again and put on the disposable apron & gloves (if requested).
Begin the consultation and get consent
- Complete the in-app consultation & hygiene checklist. Read every question out loud to the customer and record their responses. You should not hand your phone to the customer for hygiene reasons.
- Ask the customer: “If you’d like, I’m happy to take my temperature just as a check?”
- Take a selfie photo of yourself in PPE & another photo of your kit laid out: “Before we begin, I’m just going to take a quick photo of my setup.” Store these photos on your mobile phone, just in case there’s ever any queries about how you delivered the protocol.
Begin the service
- Do not cough, sneeze or touch your face during the service. If you feel the urge you should ask to use the bathroom, being sure to wash your hands and forearms thoroughly before returning.
- If it’s a group booking, wash your hands and forearms between each person.
At the end of the service
- Remove gloves then wash your hands with your personal antibacterial hand soap.
- Collect all waste into a disposable refuse sack & throw away in a public waste bin away from the location.
- Thank the customer: “I hope you enjoyed the service! After I leave, we’ll send you a text asking for a rating, please don’t hesitate to give us feedback if you think we can improve our service in any way. We look forward to seeing you again soon.”
At the end of the working day
- Sanitise your kit using anti-bacterial / virucidal wipes.
- Launder uniform at 60 degrees celsius.
- Wash all make-up brushes with antibacterial soap.
- Sanitise your tools with alcohol based tool sanitiser.